The 100 Hispanic Women, Inc. Young Latinas Leadership Institute (YLLI) was created in partnership with the office of University Relations of The City University of New York, to enrich the college experience of motivated, ambitious and hardworking Latina students’ enrolled full time in a four year CUNY college with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
The YLLI program aims to help young Latina students become professionally skilled and socially conscious, helping them meet the challenges of leading in the 21st Century.
Since 2002 when the program was established, YLLI has provided scholarships to 50 young Latina students. To date, the 1000 Hispanic Women has issues approximately $200,000 in scholarship funds to the YLLI participants.
To qualify, students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Latina students currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate freshman in a 4 year CUNY Senior College
• Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
• Required to maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher throughout the 4-year program.
• Required to submit official transcript twice each year.
• Commitment to participate in two annual workshops and a conference.
To apply you please submit:
1) A completed YLLI application: YLLI 2013 Scholarship Application
2) Your resume
3) Current Official transcript (for verification of current enrollment)
4) Two letters of recommendation.
Submit completed application and supporting documents to:
100 Hispanic Women, Inc.
Milagros Baez O’Toole, President
75 Maiden Lane, Suite 606
New York, NY 10038
Or by e-mail: 100Hispanicwomen@gmail.com.
All interested, qualified students are encouraged to apply. Deadline is October 1, 2013.