As part of CUNY’s commitment to “[widen] the pipeline of language training, study abroad, and cross-cultural learning and collaboration for all students” (The Connected University, CUNY Master Plan 2016-2020), the Chancellor’s Global Scholarship provides partial funding on a competitive basis to CUNY students planning a study abroad experience.
- Undergraduate student at a CUNY community or senior college at the time of enrollment in the study abroad program.
- Study abroad program must be credit-bearing and fit into the student’s degree plan. If selected, applicants must submit documentation showing that the course(s) fit into her or his major, minor, Pathways or elective requirements, or the award will be rescinded.
- Applicants are encouraged to consider CUNY study abroad programs, including those offered by other CUNY campuses by EPermit. Non-CUNY study abroad programs must be approved by the study abroad office or international education liaison at the student’s home college.
- A completed FAFSA application for the 2017-18 academic year (apply here). (Applicants must either be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens according to FAFSA rules).
The selection committee will consider:
- merit, as demonstrated by the student’s academic record.
- ability to benefit, as demonstrated by the personal statement.
- prior study abroad experience (preference if this will be the applicant’s first study abroad experience).
- need, as demonstrated by the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) generated by your FAFSA application.
|For study abroad in||Application Opens||CGS Deadline|
|Winter Inter-Session 2017-18 or Spring Semester 2018||September 1, 2017||October 19, 2017|
|Summer or Fall Semester 2018||January 2018 (date TBD)||March 2018 (date TBD)|