The deadline to apply for CUNY Cultural Corps Summer Intensive has been extended to March 11th. See below for eligibility requirements and a webinar.
Cultural Corps Summer Intensive
Recent alumni of CUNY (including those who will graduate Spring 2018) who are serious about pursuing a career in the arts and culture sector will participate in a 9-week full-time work experience during the summer.
- Alumni will receive a wage of $15/hour and work 35 hours per week.
- Prior to engaging with their host sites, alumni will undergo intensive training in key areas of professional development.
- Periodically, alumni may attend cultural events hosted by partners and affiliated programs.
- Pending job availability and participant success, CUNY will work with the host site to explore the possibility of extending participant engagement with the site after program completion.
*NOTE: Alumni who attend a non-CUNY institution during the time since graduating CUNY are still eligible to apply, though preference will be given to recent graduates of CUNY.
- Be an alum of any CUNY 0-2 years out (must have degree by end of Spring 2018, and have obtained degree no earlier than Spring 2016)*
- Have graduated with a cumulative Grade Point Average of at least 2.75
- Have completed at least 1 year of full-time work experience or 2 years of part-time experience/internship experience(s)
- Be available to work full-time (35 hours/week) for a period of at least 9 weeks starting in June 2018 (Mandatory orientation at end of May)
- Have the proper work authorization required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
**NOTE: Alumni who attend a non-CUNY institution during the time since graduating CUNY are still eligible to apply, though preference will be given to recent graduates of CUNY.
Corps Member Application:
The corps member application for the 2018 CUNY Cultural Corps Summer Intensive is now open. Apply here. DEADLINE EXTENDED: March 11, 2018. Original deadline was February 26th, but there will be no more extensions after that. Please have all application components completed by the 11th (application, recommendation, resume)
Please register for Cultural Corps Academic Year Internship Webinar on Feb 28, 2018 2:00 PM EST at:
Learn about the CUNY Cultural Corps and our 2018-19 Academic Year Internship program for CUNY students interested in arts and culture administration.
Whether you are an accounting major passionate about the arts, or an artist yourself, there is likely something for you!
Visit www.cuny.edu/culturalcorps to learn more.
Application closes March 16th.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
We look forward to chatting with you!
CUNY Cultural Corps