June 18th, 2013, 5:30-7:30pm,
Room 9204, 9th Floor, CUNY Graduate Center
Space is limited, RSVP: http://cunybaonlinenetworking.eventbrite.com/
Wine and cheese reception to follow
Online networking and communication have become increasingly more central to career-building and accomplishing career goals in recent years. Many people have harnessed the potential of the world’s increasing online interconnectedness and access to information, and have found ingenious ways to use the internet to build their online personas and interact with new networks.
Join CUNY Baccaulareate for Unique and Interdisciplinary Studies for a special panel event, during which CUNY professors, alumni and New York City professionals from the fields of fine art, journalism, technology, social justice, and academia will discuss their use of online media in their work and the furtherance of their careers and fields.
- Professor Sandeep Junnarkar, Associate Professor at CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, and Director of Interactive Journalism at City University; former New York Bureau Chief of CNET News.com; Co-creator of the online editions of The New York Times;
- Drea Bernardi, Director of Content Development for Magnet Media Originals;
- Professor Chris Alen Sula, Assistant Professor and Digital Humanities Coordinator, School of Information & Library Science, Pratt Institute;
- Abbi Leman, Acting Director of Communications, CUNY School of Law; former Production Editor, Vera Institute of Justice;
- Kris Graves, Photographer, Director of +Kris Graves Projects; Vice President of the American Society of Picture Professionals
Seating will begin at 5:30pm, and the panel discussion will begin at 6:00pm. A brief wine and cheese reception will be held in the CUNY BA main office after the talk beginning at 7:00pm.
This event will be livestreamed. To access the stream today, click the link below, navigate to “online events”, and look for the name of this event: http://videostreaming.gc.cuny.edu/videos/. If you have questions during the event, simply tweet your question and at the end include this hashtag: #cunybaevent.