THE CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK
10 Tips to Getting Started with Passport Career!
Welcome to Passport Career—your online career resource that will help you to explore opportunities around the world! You may be seeking a job, internship, volunteer work, or are studying abroad. In any situation, Passport Career provides extensive resources, guidance, strategies, tools and support to help you make your career move! Here are some tips to getting started with Passport Career:
1. ACCESSING PASSPORT CAREER First time users:
a. Go to www.PassportCareer.com
b. Click on Have a Registration Key? on the upper right
corner of the homepage
c. Enter the following Registration Key (all lowercase): cuny8765
d. Fill out the brief registration form. Use your CUNY email
address to create your login/password for future use and you’re ready to roll!
e. Use your email/password to login in the future.
2. JOIN THE INTRODUCTORY WEBINAR To maximize the benefits of Passport Career, we suggest you immediately
sign up for the webinar, called Using Passport Career Strategically. This webinar is offered monthly at different times and is an excellent way to help you take advantage of all the Passport Career system has to offer you. Click on Webinars at the top of the page.
3. GLOBAL OVERVIEW We suggest that you begin by reviewing the guidance and strategies relevant to your situation in My Global Career Briefcase. Click on the My Briefcase link at the top of the page.
4. GET CONNECTED! Be sure to sign up for Get Connected! It’s your exclusive social network. Here you will find other
Passport Career members around the world who are interested in networking with you!
5. CHECK OUT THE TOOLS On the menu bar at the top of the page, you will find quick access to several of the tools
available on Passport Career, including the H1B Employer Database for non-Americans seeking jobs or internships in
the USA. You will also find a direct link to the International Jobs/Intern Portal, which lists more than 1,000,000
jobs/internships in 200+ countries and is updated daily.
6. AVOID THE “ONE-VISIT” TRAP In order to be successful with your exploration and/or transition, you need to think of Passport Career as your personal career assistant. We suggest that you schedule 15-30 minutes each week to go into more depth of the content, resources and tools. People who use Passport Career regularly have the greatest chance of success with their career goals!
7. FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD? If you forgot your password, you can click on the “Forgot Password?” link at the top of the Passport Career homepage at www.PassportCareer.com.
8. EXPLORE THE COUNTRIES There are many amazing photos and videos of the countries throughout Passport Career.
There are also more than 15,000 pages of expert career content! Take time to learn about other countries— especially their business culture, which is key (along with strategic networking) to successfully transitioning your career to a new location.
9. SHARE YOUR STORY We want to hear from you! Let us know how your job/internship search and career transition
are moving along. What is working for you? Where do you need more help? What questions do you have? We are here
to help you, so be sure to stay in communication with us. Send your stories, questions, requests to email@example.com.
10. LOOKING FOR INFORMATION THAT YOU CAN’T FIND?
Click on the “HELP” link at the top of the page and fill out the form to send to us your request or question. We’ll get
back to you as soon as possible. OR, you can always send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.