If you are interested in helping to develop an urban community by stimulating economic growth as an economic development intern, please contact Latoya Benjamin, Director of Economic Development at the office of NYS Senator James Sanders Jr.
The Senator is seeking Undergraduate and Graduate students majoring in Economic Development or Urban Planning with proficiency in analytical research; experience performing community economic development field research or having a minor in Finance or Economics; Demography is a plus.
Interns will work closely with our Director of Economic Development on project tasks that will include but are not limited to:
Interns will work closely with the Director of Economic Development on project tasks that will include but are not limited to:
- Policy-relevant research
- Gathering analytical data
- Market research and analysis
- Prepare program cost analysis
- Development and presentation of policy goals
- Research and track demographics of the district
- Accompany Director of Economic Development to meetings and provide minutes
- Create a dataset of useful resources
To apply please send resume and cover letter immediately via email: Benjamin@nysenate.gov