Students who have had their area of concentration forms approved and have completed between 90 and 100 credits must make an appointment to review their academic records before registering for the final semester in the program. During the audit, students will
- receive information about exactly what they need to do in order to graduate
- complete an application for their diploma; if they intend to use a name other than the name on record on their diploma, they must provide legal proof of the name change (e.g., a marriage certificate)
- pay for their diploma and final transcript; the $20 fee is payable by cash, check, or money order made out to “CUNY Baccalaureate”
This is the equivalent of “filing for graduation.” Students do not need to file for graduation at their home colleges
Appointments can be scheduled by calling the main office at 212.817.8220. It is the responsibility of the student to anticipate the need to schedule this appointment.You should not wait until your last semester to have a graduation audit. You must have approved area of concentration forms on file (approved by your mentor and the academic director) in order to schedule a graduation audit; no exceptions will be made.
While students are strongly encouraged to have graduation audits on time (when they have completed between 90 and 100 credits) students who do not follow this rule should be advised of the absolute deadlines to file for graduation:
- no later than March 1st for June graduation
- no later than May 31st for September graduation
- no later than October 31st for January graduation
These dates are only for degree processing and do not guarantee eligibility to participate in a given commencement ceremony.