When CUNY Baccalaureate was established by a Resolution of the University on February 22, 1971, that Resolution set up the following governance structure.
The governing body for CUNY Baccalaureate is a University Committee that advises the Academic Director on the administration, coordination, and development of the program. The faculty members of this committee are responsible for: recommending the awarding of degrees to the CUNY Board of Trustees; approving, auditing, and certifying the academic policies and procedures governing the program; and overseeing student appeals on programmatic policies, and procedures.
The University Committee is composed of faculty, administrators, and students. The membership of the Committee is:
- the President of The Graduate Center or his/her designee
- the Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or his/her designee
- a CUNY college president chosen by the Council of Presidents for a one-year term, or his/her designee
- six faculty members and two alternates from different colleges and different disciplines chosen by the University Faculty Senate for staggered (two) three-year terms
- five CUNY Baccalaureate students nominated by the Academic Director and approved by the University Student Senate for one-year terms.
Students interested in serving on this Committee should contact the Academic Director. Each academic year, the University Committee elects a chairperson from among the Committee’s faculty members.
Dr. Katherine Conway (Ex Officio)
Chair, University Faculty Senate
Dr. Vita Rabinowitz
Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
Designee: Dr. Lucinda Zoe
University Dean for Undergraduate Studies
Dr. Chase Robinson
President of The Graduate Center
Designee: Dr. David Olan
Associate Provost and Dean for Academic Affairs
Dr. Mary Pearl
University Dean / Provost, Macaulay Honors College
Prof. Margaret Carroll (Chair)
Medgar Evers College
Prof. Paula Massood
Prof. Sharona A. Levy
Speech Communication Arts and Sciences
Prof. Alyshia Galvez
Latin American and Puerto Rican Studies
Prof. Gerald VanLoon
New York City College of Technology
Dr. Joseph Ugoretz
Associate Dean, Macaulay Honors College
Prof. Joanne Spurza
Classical and Oriental Studies
Prof. Emily Tai
Queensborough Community College
Jawad Rashid, New York City College of Technology
Michelle Sheu, Baruch College
Kamal Walker, Hunter College
Dates, times, locations at the Graduate Center for 2017-18 meetings will be announced soon.