Applicants must meet the following admissions criteria:
- have completed at least 12 college credits with at least a 2.80 GPA. Candidates with overall GPAs below the minimum will be considered if they have recent academic work with grades of “B” or better. The GPA in completed courses related to the student’s academic proposal will also be evaluated.
- propose a single or dual area(s) of concentration — your unique or interdisciplinary field(s) of study.
- present a well-written personal statement articulating your personal, academic, and career goals as they relate to your proposal and overall application.
- be or become matriculated (enrolled as a degree-seeking student) at a CUNY community or senior college. You can be applying to a CUNY college concurrently with applying to CUNY BA; these are two separate applications.
- have passed (or been exempted from) the CUNY Assessment Tests in Reading, Writing, and Math. You may take or re-take these exams, or be in the process of completing related preliminary courses at a CUNY community college, concurrently with applying.
We no longer require letters of recommendation, however if you believe that it is important or necessary (for example, if your GPA is close to the minimum 2.8) you can have your professor email us one from their “.edu” email to email@example.com. We will also accept letters of recommendation on official letterhead in a sealed envelope.
These are minimum criteria and do not guarantee admission. CUNY BA reserves the right to request additional documents that may assist the Admissions Committee in evaluating the application. An admissions appointment with an academic advisor is also required.